We are proud of the high quality of the members of our driving team and expect you to act professionally at all times to maintain the good reputation of HR GO Driving.
- Be smart - if we have supplied a uniform, please wear it. If not, dress tidily.
- Be punctual - allow yourself time to be on site at least 10 minutes before the start of duty and make yourself known to the person to whom you are to report.
- Be courteous - you don’t get a second chance to give a first impression and the client’s staff may determine whether we get further work from them.
Always carry the following:
- Both parts of your driving licence
- Drivers CPC card
- Digital Tacho ID Card if required
- Relevant certificates (ADR, HIAB, etc.)
- A selection of maps
When on customers’ premises:
- Be polite and courteous and avoid bad language
- Ask before using the client’s equipment, toilets, telephone, etc.
- Follow instructions as given – if in doubt, ASK
- Avoid getting into arguments with the company’s own staff
- If you have any complaints bring them back to HR GO
Make sure your duties are explained and understood. Check that:
- You have a full delivery or collection address and delivery time if necessary
- The goods are for delivery at the address on the paperwork. Do not deliver the load to another address unless specifically authorised by the client
- You are aware of all paperwork procedures upon delivery or collection of loads
- You have a telephone number & contact name of someone who may be contacted in case of difficulties, i.e. breakdowns, accidents, delays etc. before you leave the depot
- You have all the equipment to do the job – maps, gloves, hi-viz vest, safety boots, etc. and night out kit where necessary